Sunday, June 26, 2011

Today's sacrament meeting

We had 5 in attendance today. That may not seem like a lot, but it's a good crowd for us! We would have had others, but their work assignments would not allow it. After the sacrament portion of the meeting, we discussed Matthew chapters 6 and 7, on what it means to serve and put the things of God first. Everyone participated and the Spirit was with our discussion; it was wonderful to feel that comforting, heavenly influence. God loves soldiers; I can testify to that. My preparation for lesson was not what it could/should have been, but we still had the spirit with us.

Sometimes I forget that having LDS chaplains in the Army is important. I am not the leader of the LDS congregation (servicemen's group) here at Camp Alamo; I am here to support it. Yet, church services would still roll on if I was not here. So, sometimes I wonder if there is much need for LDS chaplains. In the closing prayer, one soldier expressed his gratitude that they had an LDS chaplain here. I forget that it really does matter. Even though there are not as many LDS soldiers as there are some other denominations; it still matters to the ones who are LDS. We had a great meeting today, and we all felt strenghthened by it. One of the scriptures we read today was Matthew 6:24, "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment